Let’s face it — progressive moral relativism has a death grip on our society. Many “[do] not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts…heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; and they…turn away their ears from the truth, and [are] turned unto fables.” 2 Timothy 4
In other words, the truth hurts. It doesn’t fit with the lifestyle. It doesn’t fit with the progressive moral relativism ideology. Therefore, instead of aligning with the truth, people are gathering those around them who will teach them fictitious stories.
The truth is that marriage is ordained of God. God created the fundamental institution of marriage. He defined what marriage is. Homosexual relationships are not part of that definition. So, instead of accepting that truth and making a sincere effort to align our desires and our actions with God’s will, we are trying to mold God into an image we feel more comfortable looking at.
Traditional marriage serves a fundamental social need. We ought to be doing all we can to protect, strengthen, and preserve this institution. Instead, we are dismantling it bit by bit and piece by piece. Pornography, adultery, divorce, and now this brand new definition of the very word “marriage” have served to weaken this essential institution. And now that the progressive gang has achieved this win, they’re going after our constitutionally protected 1st amendment rights of religious freedom and speech.
Following the online aftermath of that fateful day of June 26, 2015, I saw and heard many a former fence-sitter suddenly take a side. They didn’t see the harm in redefining marriage, but when it happened and the progressive gang “twisted the knife” as it were, they awakened to the enmity and complete hatred. Suddenly it became real, and suddenly even their speech and religious freedom were clearly in the crosshairs.
Have you taken a stand? Will you stand?
I’ve been battling since at least 2008. I wish I would have started much sooner. But there are still things we can all do.
Consider these 8 ways we can still support marriage as God defines it:
- Like and Share the status updates of these companies on social media: 2ndVote, National Center on Sexual Exploitation
- Don’t shop from or use the services of the following companies: Disney, Visa, Airbnb, American Airlines, Target, Procter & Gamble, YouTube, Delta, JetBlue, Orbitz, Smart Car, Whole Foods, Expedia, Old Navy, Gap, AT&T, UNIQLO, Starbucks, Macy’s, Kellogg’s, JELL-O (Kraft), Hootsuite, Ben & Jerry’s, Maytag, Cheerios (General Mills), Coca Cola, Absolut, Uber, Sears, Pepsi, Tide, Citi, Netflix, Guess, Levi’s, Mastercard.
Each of these companies support same-sex marriage and systematically use their money and influence to destroy traditional marriage. Supporting these companies with your patronage is to support same-sex marriage by extension, even if that isn’t your intention. More here.
- Read and share The Family: A Proclamation to the World.
- Live God’s laws and invite others to come unto Jesus.
- Support religious freedom.
- Write to your senators, congressmen, and local leaders to invite them to continue to stand for traditional marriage and religious freedom. Invite your representatives to remove and replace all activist supreme court justices and President Obama for breaking their solemn oaths to support, protect, and defend the constitution.
- Vote for constitutional conservatives like Ted Cruz.
- Make your own family completely self-reliant.
What steps do you plan to take in support of marriage?