Are you distraught about the two major candidates for president?
Can a third party candidate like Darrell Castle (my preferred candidate) or Evan McMullin win the presidency?
If no candidate gets 270 electoral votes (the minimum to win the election outright), this happens:
- The House of Representatives votes to elect the President.
- Each state delegation will get 1 vote.
- They will choose from the 3 candidates who received the most electoral votes.
- Out of the top 3 candidates with electoral votes, whoever gets the most votes from the House’s state delegations wins the election.
- If the House doesn’t elect a President by Inauguration Day, January 20, then the Vice-President Elect will serve as acting President until the House resolves the election.
The first challenge is to make sure that neither Trump nor Clinton ends up with 270 electoral votes.
The second challenge is for either Darrell Castle or Evan McMullin to get electoral votes.
The third challenge is to make sure that if they do get electoral votes, they get more than Gary Johnson if he gets some.
The Vice President would get elected like this:
- The Senate will elect the Vice President from the 2 Vice Presidential candidates with the most electoral votes.
- Each Senator will cast one vote.
I understand this to mean that even if Castle or McMullin does get elected by the House, their running mate probably will not become Vice President. The Vice President will likely be either Tim Kaine or Mike Pence.
Regardless of how this election turns out, America needs help.
Thousands and thousands of people have committed to fast and pray for our country on November 6th?
Will you join us?